The Milford Road Runners are awarding non-renewable $1000 scholarships to two deserving Milford Public Schools students who have been positively impacted by running.
About The Milford Road Runners
Milford Road Runners is a non-profit organization created in 1977 to bring runners of all abilities together while giving back to the community.
We host two races annually – Winter Wonderland 5 Miler on the last Sunday in January at Platt Tech High School and Independence Day 5K on July 4 at Tribus Beer Co. Our races are known for their superior on-course support and plenty of post-race food and fun. Proceeds from both races allow the club to donate to various local charities and host our Kid’s Track Summer Series on Thursdays in July and August. The Series is a free weekly track meet for kids of all ages. All kids get finisher ribbons for every distance they run as well as weekly giveaways.
Milford Road Runners strive to inspire Milford and its surrounding communities to be more active and promote physical fitness and wellbeing in a social setting.
- Attends a Milford Public High School
- A graduating Senior with postsecondary plans (2 or 4 year college plans, or technical school)
- A minimum GPA of 2.5
- Involvement in some form of running, either for a team or for recreation
- Application must be filled out online only
- Copy of transcript required
- Essay of 500-750 words (in application)
- Letters of recommendation are optional
- Photo waiver
Deadline: April 15, 2023
- Email: MilfordRoadRunners@gmail.com
- Website: www.milfordrr.com (application also linked here)
- Facebook: @MilfordRoadRunners
- Instagram: @Milfordroadrunners
Link to Application: APPLY HERE